Monday, July 6, 2009

First Fourth of July

This weekend I got to celebrate my first Fourth of July! It was really fun. Right down the street from our house is the park where there was a concert, a carnival, and the fireworks. Friday grandma Taylor came to visit me and mom for a little bit. Then, that night grandpa and grandma Schweitzer came to the concert with dad, mom, and me. It was too loud for me though. I didn't like it. Then Saturday morning grandpa and grandma Schweitzer came back up to take me and mom to the parade at the end of our street. It was raining though, so we watched it from the car. Grandpa let me drive:

and grandma let me have a drink of her water:

Then, that night was the fireworks! I was really tired because they started after my bedtime. I was mesmerized by them right away, but I was so tired I fell asleep! I was sleeping so good, I didn't even move for the rest of the fireworks; even the ones that made mommy jump!
Then on Sunday we went over to great grandpa and grandma Morrison's house. I sat in my Bumbo that great grandma Morrison got for me:

played with great grandpa Morrison:

watched my silly daddy:
and played with mom:

It was really fun! I hope I can stay awake for the whole fireworks next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment