Monday, August 3, 2009

Great Great Grandmas

When I was born I had two great great grandmas. My great great grandma Bleile passed away in April, when I was three months old, but I never was able to meet her. I wish I would have been able to meet her. Mom says I would have loved her, and she would have loved to meet me.

I did get to meet my great great grandma Morrison. I met her in March when dad, mom, grandpa and grandma Schweitzer, and great grandpa and grandma Morrison, took me to see her because I am the fifth generation of her family and we wanted to get a picture. Grandpa Schweitzer put the picture in the paper and it was in Wednesday's edition of the Washington Evening Journal.

On Tuesday we all went to visit great great grandma again. She was very happy to see me.

My great great grandma passed away on Thursday morning.

Her visitation was on Sunday. We took a new family picture:

And then I just played on the floor and napped the whole time.


The next day was her funeral. I sang to all of the songs at church, and my great uncle Tony from Colorado even sang one. One of the funeral directors gave me a flower from great great grandma's bouquet. It felt good on my mouth.
Then after the funeral me and daddy took this picture. We call it "Partners in Plaid".
And this one with mommy.
I will miss my great great grandmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment